Smoked Chipotle Turkey Healthy Chilli Recipe
We all love a good healthy chilli recipe. It makes a fantastic meal to prep in bulk for the week ahead, especially in the cooler months. However, turkey mince makes a brilliant, leaner substitute for beef or lamb, particularly for those who are cutting or looking to reduce fat or calories.
When combined with the smokiness of the chipotle and the hint of spice from the chillies, we promise you won’t miss the beef at all. We love to add in high-fibre, high-protein chickpeas or black beans to our chilli, but add in whatever is in your cupboard to bulk it up for a cheap weekday meal.
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 chipotle chillies, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 500g turkey mince
- 400g tin black beans, drained
- 2 x tin chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (finely chop a handful of coriander stalks finely, then save the leaves)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g fat-free Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 1 lime, to serve
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, then add the onions, carrots, celery and red peppers and fry on a medium heat for a few minutes. Stir in the chipotle paste, optional chillies and spices, then continue to fry, stirring often, for a further five minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add in the turkey mince, then fry for a further minute, before tipping in the chickpeas, black beans, chopped tomatoes and water. Throw in the coriander stalks, then add in the balsamic vinegar and some seasoning, Give a good stir, then bring to the boil before reducing the heat and simmering – lid on – for around 45 minutes., stirring occasionally.
- Once the healthy chilli recipe has been prepared and cooked, serve in bowls with wholegrain brown rice (if desired) and dollops of Greek yoghurt and a squirt of fresh lime juice.
Special OfferFrom £10.00