GET LEAN MUSCLE DEFINITION PROMAX LEAN INCREASE STRENGTH + POWER CYCLONE RESTORE + BUILD MUSCLE PROMAX & PROMAX EXTREME MUSCLE GAIN + MASS PROGAIN & PROGAIN EXTREME All Protein Powders All Protein BarsPROTEIN FOR BEGINNERS GREAT VALUE ESSENTIAL BLENDS PERSONALISED PROTEIN OPTIONS WITH OUR RAW INGREDIENTS BULK BUY OFFERS HUGE SAVINGS ON MULTI-PACKS BUNDLE OFFERS CORE RANGE PRODUCT BUNDLES All Protein Drinks View All Products
- Training Zone
- NUTRITION GUIDES
New Formula: What protein should I buy?
New fast acting, slow releasing formulation
A Guide to Protein
What is protein?
Protein makes up 40% of the human body and forms the building blocks of hair, nails, bones, skin (in the absence of water). It is important for the retention and growth of muscle tissue. For active individuals, protein is essential and your intake should be increased from 0.8g of protein per kg of body weight (g/kgBM) to between 1-2g/kgBM depending on your goal.
How much protein?
For optimal results, we would recommend you consume 1-2g of protein per kilogram you weigh, per day, depending on your goal. Ideally this should be consumed within regular meals every 2-3 hours across the day, either as part of your main meals or as a nutritious snack.
The science of protein
The body is in a constant state of protein turnover; breaking down protein through metabolism and exercise and synthesising new protein to replace what has been used. To aid muscle maintenance and growth protein synthesis must be greater protein breakdown.
To answer this question you need to consider the science. The body is in a constant state of protein turnover; breaking down protein through metabolism and exercise and synthesising new protein to replace what has been used. To aid muscle maintenance and growth the rate of protein synthesis must be greater than the rate of protein breakdown.
- Breakfast protein - During sleep your body uses the protein consumed during the day to maintain and grow muscle tissue. However, by the time you wake, your body is starved of amino acids. Aim to consume at least 20g of protein with breakfast.
- Optimise your workout nutrition - Consume a meal containing protein and carbohydrates two hours before your workout.
- Post-workout protein - Consuming 20-40g of protein after your workout helps to stimulate muscle growth.
- Between meals - Intense weight-training workouts can increase your body’s need for protein for up to 72 hours or more. It may therefore be beneficial to supply your body with regular feedings of amino acids every 2-3 hours.
- Before bed - Before bed is the one time of the day when a slow-release protein may be preferable to a fast acting protein like whey.
Triple Release Formulation
MaxiNutrition protein powders* contain a triple release fast acting slow releasing formulation.
Rapid breakdown and absorption
Medium to slow breakdown and absorption
CASEIN PROTEIN (from milk)
Digests slowly and provides a steady release of protein
TRIPLE PROTEIN = WHEY + SOY + CASEIN (from milk)
Providing the best of all 3 protein sources without their weaknesses. Providing a fast acting, slow releasing delivery.
Our Formulation - what is it?
The MaxiNutrition triple formulation of FAST (whey), MEDIUM (soy) and SLOW (casein from milk) to give you elevated amino acid levels in your blood for longer and sustain the rebuilding process.
How does it work?
The unique MaxiNutrition formulation comprises a combination of whey, casein and soy protein*. This provides a protein that is fast acting (whey), sustained (soy), slow releasing (casein from milk). Protein synthesis should not be viewed in isolation but with protein balance, the other considerations should be:
Protein Wastage - Individuals consuming more protein than they need and therefore protein is not used to aid muscle mass.
Protein Breakdown - Fast acting protein is time limited and would require regular feeding.
Is it for me?
What protein should I buy?
MaxiNutrition protein products are the perfect answer to what protein should I buy. Our products will help support your diet throughout the day. In a world that is time precious, MaxiNutrition products provide a suitable solution to keep you on track and goal focused.
Now with protein that starts to work fast and lasts for hours*.
*Only applies to 30g and 40g protein powders.
- 3.8g Creatine monohydrate
- 56mg Magnesium
- 120 capsules
- 25g BioMax Whey True Protein
- 21 Servings
- *Best Before End 31st March 2019*