GET LEAN MUSCLE DEFINITION PROMAX LEAN INCREASE STRENGTH + POWER CYCLONE RESTORE + BUILD MUSCLE PROMAX & PROMAX EXTREME MUSCLE GAIN + MASS PROGAIN & PROGAIN EXTREME All Protein Powders All Protein BarsPROTEIN FOR BEGINNERS GREAT VALUE ESSENTIAL BLENDS PERSONALISED PROTEIN OPTIONS WITH OUR RAW INGREDIENTS BULK BUY OFFERS HUGE SAVINGS ON MULTI-PACKS BUNDLE OFFERS CORE RANGE PRODUCT BUNDLES All Protein Drinks View All Products
- Training Zone
- NUTRITION GUIDES
Effects of HMB
The effects of HMB
Some people choose to supplement additional HMB into their regime, as when it is naturally produced, HMB can be limited within the body. Beta-hydroxy-beta-methyl-butyrate can be produced in the body when the essential amino acid, leucine, is present. A portion of the branched-chain amino acid is metabolised into HMB.
The body must rely on external resources to consume leucine. Usually found in your diet, especially in the macronutrient, protein, leucine is sourced in foods including meat, eggs and fish because they contain the BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine and valine). HMB supplements are taken so that your body is no longer reliant upon leucine availability. You can always supply your body with a sufficient amount of HMB in the form of supplements to help maintain HMB stores.
Effects of HMB supplements
For muscle growth, protein synthesis must exceed the rate of protein breakdown. However, if you are following a calorie-deficit diet, your body may be craving energy, which could lead to an increase in the rate of protein breakdown and cause a loss of muscle tissue instead of a gain. Here, we take a look at some of the effects HMB supplements could have;
- Supplying your body with HMB through supplementation means your body is no longer dependent on the intake of leucine for HMB production. Supplements help to maintain HMB levels in the body
- When supplementing BCAAs and HMB together, they can support and combine the effects of its parent amino acid, leucine on your workout
- protein plays a key part in protein synthesis that leads to muscle growth. If protein levels are high, your body has the opportunity to maximise recovery and in turn contribute to muscle gain
Now £16.99Was £25.00
- 1000 mg HMB (per capsule)
- Amino acid metabolite
- 100% batch tested and Informed-Sport accredited