GET LEAN MUSCLE DEFINITION PROMAX LEAN INCREASE STRENGTH + POWER CYCLONE RESTORE + BUILD MUSCLE PROMAX & PROMAX EXTREME MUSCLE GAIN + MASS PROGAIN & PROGAIN EXTREME All Protein Powders All Protein BarsPROTEIN FOR BEGINNERS GREAT VALUE ESSENTIAL BLENDS PERSONALISED PROTEIN OPTIONS WITH OUR RAW INGREDIENTS BULK BUY OFFERS HUGE SAVINGS ON MULTI-PACKS BUNDLE OFFERS CORE RANGE PRODUCT BUNDLES All Protein Drinks View All Products
- Training Zone
- NUTRITION GUIDES
Chicken & Chorizo Pasta - MaxiNutrition Recipe
For a tasty dose of protein and carbs that goes big on flavour, try recipe for spicy chicken and chorizo tagliatelle that is both delicious and easy to make.
Chorizo is one of the most underrated sources of protein; a regular serving of the highly spiced Spanish sausage provides 24 grams. The chorizo also contains thiamine, which helps your body convert food into energy.
Packed full of protein and carbs, this extremely quick and easy dish is perfect for an endurance session or a rest day.
- 200g tagliatelle (whatever pasta you have in your cupboard will work)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 200g chorizo sausage, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 2 white or red onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 handfuls fresh basil
- Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil, add the pasta and return to the stove. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes (depending on how al dente you prefer your pasta).
- While your pasta is cooking, fry the chorizo in a medium frying pan over a high heat turning occasionally. As the chorizo cooks, oil should start to run out of the sausage. Once the oil has fully run out of the sausage, get rid of all but around 2 tablespoons of the chorizo oil.
- Fry the chicken, onion, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the chilli, tomatoes and tomato puree. Bring to the boil, then cover and let simmer for three minutes, then let simmer uncovered for three more minutes to allow the sauce to reduce slightly.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to your sauce in the pan.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh basil.
- 40g of high quality protein
- 600 calories per serving
- *Best Before End 25th Apr 2019 - Chocolate*