- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 leek, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 350ml chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 1 heaped tsp wholgrain mustard
- 25g plain flour
- 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat until melted. Add the leek and mushrooms to soften up for 2–3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces in the flour before adding to the pan with the heat turned up high. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the chicken begins to colour.
- Add the mustard and cream and let this simmer for a couple of minutes before adding the stock. Cook until the liquid has thickened.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and leave to one side to cool.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven proof dish (10 x 8 inch) then lay the pastry over the top, removing any overhanging pastry and pinch the edges to seal. Pierce several small holes in the top with a knife and brush the top with a whisked egg.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown.
CALORIES 740KCAL | CARBS 30G | PROTEIN 43G | FAT 50G