Whether it be a quick breakfast or a weekend brunch, these chocolate chip protein waffles are a easy way to add protein to your diet. Makes a good sized batch, and they are great to store in the freezer and pop them in the toaster for grab and go!
- 2 cups oat flour (see step 1)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ cup MaxWhey Chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk (almond milk, dairy milk)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings:
- tbsp honey, blueberries and almond flakes
- Start by making the oat flour, by grinding quick oats or old fashioned oats in a blender or food processor.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl (oat flour, chia seeds, MaxWhey powder, baking powder, chocolate chips).
- Add in the wet ingredients (vanilla, milk, eggs, yogurt, stevia drops).
- Mix until blended together. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to thicken up a bit.
- Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray. Add approx. 3 Tbsp of the waffle mixture to each waffle slot.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes, they will start to darken and become crispy on the outside when done.
- Serve waffles with your favourite toppings if desired.