Post-Match Football Nutrition Meal Ideas
Following a gruelling game of football, it can be tempting to just put your feet up and relax while paying little attention to nutrition. Create a meal that offers plenty of carbohydrates and good fats, food that is rich in protein is also highly recommended. Check out this recipe that provides you with exactly that!
- 1-inch-thick baguette slices — the choice of baguette and the number of slices is up to you
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drizzle the 1-inch-thick baguette slices with 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place on a baking tray and toast in the centre of the oven until the baguettes are lightly golden and crispy — this takes approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- After placing the baguettes into the oven, mix together ricotta cheese, lemon zest, kosher salt, black pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil to create the ricotta spread.
- Once the baguettes have been toasted, spoon around 2 tablespoons of ricotta spread onto each slice and finish with a ¼ teaspoon of honey on top — a great starter is now ready to eat.