GET LEAN MUSCLE DEFINITION PROMAX LEAN INCREASE STRENGTH + POWER CYCLONE RESTORE + BUILD MUSCLE PROMAX & PROMAX EXTREME MUSCLE GAIN + MASS PROGAIN & PROGAIN EXTREME All Protein Powders All Protein BarsPROTEIN FOR BEGINNERS GREAT VALUE ESSENTIAL BLENDS PROTEIN FOR ADVANCED USERS OUR RAW INGREDIENTS BULK BUY OFFERS HUGE SAVINGS ON MULTI-PACKS BUNDLE OFFERS CORE RANGE PRODUCT BUNDLES All Protein Drinks View All Products
- Training Zone
- NUTRITION GUIDES
Frikadellen Meatball - MaxiNutrition Recipe
Also known as Frikadeller they originate from Denmark but are eaten across Europe & South Africa where they form part of the Afrikaner culinary heritage. They are flat, pan-fried meat dumplings very similar to meatballs and the protein within them makes them perfect for those looking to bulk-up & increase their protein intake but want to add some variety to their diet.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple to make and you can eat them hot with a salad or sweet potato / whole grain rice or save it for later by chilling and having as a snack on the go. The beef and pork in this recipe are rich sources of Vitamins B6 & B12 & Zinc, as well as being a great source of protein.
- 750g lean beef mince
- 250g lean pork mince
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed & chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon English or French mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 slices of day old bread soaked in water for 15 minutes (brown or protein bread can be used)
- 1 ¼ tablespoon olive oil
- Soak the day old bread in water for about 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out excess water using your hands and then crumble the bread into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mince beef & pork, chopped onion, parsley, eggs, salt, mustard, pepper, paprika & garlic. Mix all the ingredients until well blended together.
- Shape the mixture into large flattened meat-balls or patties about the size of a squashed tennis ball.
- Use a large non-stick skillet or frying pan on a medium heat, using the olive oil, fry the Frikadellens’ 3 to 4 at a time until they are browned & no longer pink in the centre – approx. 5 minutes each side.
- Serve hot with a salad, sweet potatoes or brown rice or allow to cool, chill them and eat cold with mustard or pickled cucumbers for that authentic touch!
Recipe provided by Adam Matheson at mygym.co.uk