George Norths Broccoli & Chickpea Burritos
For a meal that’s worthy of a champion, try George's recipe for roasted broccoli and chickpea burritos. Extremely quick and easy to make, this dish is packed with flavour and can also be eaten on the go.
Besides being an excellent gluten-free and vegan source of protein and fibre, chickpeas also contain iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium.
- 1 large white or red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets about the size of a chickpea
- 2 tins cooked chickpeas, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tabasco (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful of spinach or kale
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- To make the burrito filling, in a large bowl, mix the onion, red pepper, broccoli, and chickpeas with the soy sauce, olive oil, chilli powder, cumin and tabasco. Try and make sure the vegetables are as covered with the spices as possible.
- Place the burrito filling on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven and sprinkle the garlic on top of the mixture along with half of the lime juice. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze the remaining lime juice over the mixture, stirring the chickpeas and vegetables around.
- When ready, assemble your burritos by placing a few heaped tablespoons of the chickpea and vegetable mixture in the centre of a flour tortilla with a handful of spinach or kale, avocado, coriander and more tabasco (if you like heat).
- If you like your burritos action-packed, you’ll need to be an expert at folding burritos.
Special OfferFrom £10.00