One-Pot Protein Chilli - MaxiNutrition Recipe
Chilli con carne is a one-pot wonder that is bursting with flavour. Our healthy, protein-packed version will help to contribute to the growth and maintenance of lean muscle mass, the perfect meal before getting on the field.
- 1.5kg extra lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 4 tsp chilli powder
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 4 red onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tins kidney beans, drained
- 4 tins chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin black beans, drained
- 2 x tin chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream or crème fraiche (to serve)
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pan, heat a few tablespoons of oil and then throw in your chosen meat
- Add the spices and coffee granules, followed by the onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium-low heat.
- Add the kidney beans, then cover and simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally – add some water if the mixture starts to look a little dry.
- Serve with the sour cream or crème fraiche.
Special OfferFrom £10.00