Southwestern Quinoa Wraps - MaxiNutrition Recipe
Chipotle adds a lot of punch to this vegetarian Southwestern wrap. The roasted vegetables are tossed in a delicious creamy dressing along with grated cheese and fresh coriander. Hearty and filling, this recipe will suit any time of the day: breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner.
- 300g sweet potato
- ½ red onion
- ½ red pepper
- 45g quinoa
- 3 tbsp black beans
- 2 tbsp corn
- Handful of cheddar cheese
- Small bunch of coriander
- 2 large whole meal tortilla wraps
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil (+ extra for roasting)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ¼ to ½ chipotle (according to taste)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Honey / agave syrup to taste
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato in 1cm dice and slice the red onion and red pepper.
- Spread sweet potato and red pepper on a roasting tray. Toss in 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Cook for around 40 mins until tender and golden.
- Heat some salted water in a saucepan. When boiling add quinoa and cook for 12-15mins until tender (it should still be firm). Drain and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing together: Greek yoghurt, 2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, crushed garlic, vinegar, crushed chipotle, cumin and pomegranate molasses. Sweeten to taste with honey or agave syrup. Season with salt & pepper.
- Remove vegetables from oven when cooked. Mix in quinoa, black beans and corn. Toss well in dressing.
- Top each tortilla wrap with the vegetable mixture. Add cheese and fresh coriander leaves on top.
- Fold wraps and eat straight away when warm.