Spiced Lamb Kofte Flatbreads
This recipe is gluten-free as buckwheat is not wheat, making it naturally gluten-free. It is also a delicious source of protein, these lamb kofte flatbreads are a treat and also the protein contained within this recipe can help support building lean muscle mass.
Recipe provided by Stephanie at missmamosworld.com
- 125g buckwheat flour 125g quinoa flour
- 200g fat free natural yogurt
For the kofte
- 400g organic minced lamb
- 1 tablespoon Rasel Hanout
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the salad
- 1 x grated carrot
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 25g fresh mint leaves (stalks removed)
- 2 x apricots (cut into 1/4s)
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- Seeds from a pomegranate
- ¼ cucumber (thinly sliced)
For the flatbreads
- In a stand mixer with dough hook attachment, put all the ingredients into the bowl and set to knead for 3-5 minutes until a dough starts to form.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface floured well with either buckwheat or quinoa flour and roll it into a ball.
- Cut the dough into 4 equally sized pieces and roll out as thin as you can without tearing them
- Put one of the rolled dough balls into a dry frying pan and cook on a high heat for about 3 minutes until golden brown and then turn over and cook for a further minute or two. Repeat the process until the flatbreads are all cooked
- Mix the minced lamb, Rasel Hanout, minced garlic and black pepper in a large bowl with your hands.
- Once the Ras el Hanout has been evenly distributed amongst the lamb, break the lamb into 4 x 100g balls and work them into a sausage shape using your hands
- Warm up the coconut oil in a large frying pan and add the kofte. Cook until dark and crispy for about 2 minutes before turning (for a total of 8 -10 minutes overall)
- Sprinkle the grated carrot over each flatbread then add the spinach and mint leaves
- Add the kofte and put 3 slice of apricot down one side and red onion and cucumber down the other
- Mix the yogurt, tahini paste, honey and lime juice in a cup and add the mint leaves.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the kofte and salad before folding the flatbreads and serving.
- 3.8g Creatine monohydrate
- 56mg Magnesium
- 120 capsules