- 2.5 tbsp fat of choice (eg low-fat spread / butter)
- 5 chunky slices bread of choice, cut into 3 strips (we used wholegrain - it’s better if the bread is just about to go stale!)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp MaxiNutrition MaxWhey Vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice (use regular milk or soy for higher protein)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Pour egg, vanilla, milk in 1/2 tsp cinnamon into a bowl. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Take your bread sticks and dunk in the protein mixture to cover, dripping off any extra liquid. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat, then add butter and warm until melted and starting to bubble. Add the bread sticks and cook for a few minutes on each side, or until lightly golden (or cooked to your liking)
- In the meantime, whisk together the coconut sugar and remaining cinnamon. Carefully coat the just-cooked bread sticks into the cinnamon sugar, then place on a plate.
- Dunk or drizzle with maple syrup (optional) and eat warm.
- Using semi-skimmed milk and low-fat spread:
Based on 4 servings:
Kcal 390 | 4.7g Fat | 65g Carbs | 8.1g Protein