Mocha Mud Cake
Treat yourself to choco-mocha heaven with this awesome Mocha Mud Cake! We’ve teamed up with small batch roasters Two Chimps to create a coffee-infused chocolate cake you won’t want to resist!
For the cake
- 90g self raising flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g Chocolate Max Whey Powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- 40g cocoa powder
- 140ml very strongly brewed hot coffee
- 80ml coconut oil, melted
- 150ml maple syrup
- 80ml plant-based milk
- Grated chocolate or chocolate-covered coffee beans, to decorate
For the frosting
- 40g Chocolate Max Whey Powder
- 80g Greek yoghurt or plant-based alternative
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- Grease and line two sandwich cake tins with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Add the flour, ground almonds, Chocolate Max Whey Powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt to a bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cocoa with the hot coffee. Then whisk in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into the tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly before removing from the tins.
- Make the frosting. Combine the Chocolate Max Whey Powder, cocoa powder and Greek yoghurt in a bowl. Add the milk, a dribble at a time and stir until you have a nice thick frosting. Sandwich the cakes together with the frosting and spread the rest on top. Decorate with grated chocolate or chocolate-covered coffee beans, then slice and enjoy!