Post-Match Football Nutrition Meal Ideas
Your post-match meal is very important and should never be underestimated. After all, eating the right food is a great way to prepare your body for whatever’s next.
However, following a gruelling game of football, it can be tempting to just put your feet up and relax while paying little attention to nutrition. Check out our quick and easy recipe below.
- Skinless white fish fillet, 180g thick
- Courgette, cut into wedges
- Red onions, cut into wedges
- Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Black olives
- Olive oil
- Small, crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- Mix together the courgette, red onions, tomatoes, black olives and a tablespoon of olive oil in a baking dish.
- Brush the skinless white fish fillet with another tablespoon of olive oil and place it on top of the vegetables.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake until the fish is cooked through — approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the fish is cooked, create a dressing by whisking the garlic clove, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and a further tablespoon of olive oil together.
- Serve the fish and vegetables, drizzling the dressing and scattering the chopped flat-leaf parsley over the top.