These pancakes are high in fibre thanks to the almonds, bananas and peanut butter. They are also a useful source of protein courtesy of the eggs. Made with coconut milk, they provide a nutritiously delicious start to every day. These are great for breakfast and also perfect as a dessert.
Recipe provided by Victoria at vevivos.com
- 1 mug of ground almonds
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200mls coconut milk
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 Tbsp Organic peanut butter
- Handful of crushed nuts and honey to serve
- Chop the bananas (leave ½ a banana for topping pancakes) and mix all the ingredients together in a blender to form a batter
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a saucepan on your hob and pour in some of the batter – a fairly thick amount of mixture.
- Cook so that one side lifts easily.
- Place the pan under a high grill in order to cook the other side
- Plate up and top pancakes with remaining banana slices, honey and crushed nuts. Serve and enjoy!