Protein Zoats - MaxiNutrition Recipe
Getting in some 'greens' first thing is not only a great way to start your day, but it also means that you're closer towards hitting your '5 a day' for the day! Combine the warmth and 'feel good feeling' of a bowl of porridge with some added greeny goodness.
Mixing oats with grated courgette doesn't sound appetising but don't knock it until you've tried it - the courgette doesn't really add any taste or flavour, it's just there for texture and bulk (meaning we can eat more for our calories!). The vanilla protein powder adds a lovely flavour and then fruit and cinnamon can be added on top for a sweeter taste and additional vitamins and minerals.
Courgettes are packed with fibre due to their high water content are filling yet low in calories. If you're interested in making protein zoats at home (so called because in America courgettes are known as zucchinis) then keep on reading.
- 40-50g rolled oats
- 1 medium courgette, minus the ends and grated
- 300ml milk (any kind - unsweetened almond milk recommended)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Promax
- optional toppings: sliced banana, frozen berries, cinnamon, honey
- Add your oats, courgette and milk into a large bowl and mix well
- Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes (stirring half way through)
- Mix again before adding your whey protein and mix until combined
- Optional stage: An optional topping of fruit of your choice, cinnamon and/or honey.
Recipe provided by Nic at nicsnutrition.com