This is a great ‘clean eating’ and raw recipe, although it may sound odd to add avocado to your chocolate pudding, this addition will give the dessert a beautifully silky and mousse like texture and the avocado also contains vitamins C and B6.
This gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan dessert is extremely easy and delicious!. The chilli in this dish compliments the bitterness of the raw chocolate perfectly. If you don’t fancy the kick of chilli however, this mousse is still tasty on its own, with a few fresh berries or even a couple of drops of lemon extract.
Recipe provided by Amy at Mr and Mrs T Plus Three
- 1 ½ ripe avocados
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 7 medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chilli, chopped (add more if you’re feeling adventurous)
- De-stone the avocados and scoop the flesh out with a spoon, add this to food processor/blender
- Peel bananas and de-stone dates and add them with all other ingredients to the food processor
- Whizz for a few minutes until the dates have broken down and the mixture looks smooth and creamy
- Decant into serving bowls
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, this gives the mousse chance to thicken.
- Once the mousse has set, serve and enjoy!