GET LEAN MUSCLE DEFINITION PROMAX LEAN INCREASE STRENGTH + POWER CYCLONE RESTORE + BUILD MUSCLE PROMAX & PROMAX EXTREME MUSCLE GAIN + MASS PROGAIN & PROGAIN EXTREME All Protein Powders All Protein BarsPROTEIN FOR BEGINNERS GREAT VALUE ESSENTIAL BLENDS PERSONALISED PROTEIN OPTIONS WITH OUR RAW INGREDIENTS BULK BUY OFFERS HUGE SAVINGS ON MULTI-PACKS BUNDLE OFFERS CORE RANGE PRODUCT BUNDLES All Protein Drinks View All Products
- Training Zone
- NUTRITION GUIDES
Top Tips For Protein Pancakes
Our Tips For Delicious Protein Pancakes
Arguably one of the best loved protein packed snacks, protein pancakes are definitely more exciting than the thin, sugar-laden pancakes we grew up loving. Diverse, quick to make, and DELICIOUS! Take your protein pancakes to the next level with Maximuscle’s tried and tested top pancake tips. Have a flipping good time in the kitchen!
MIX IT UP
For those that are new to the protein pancake phenomenon, the typical base of protein pancakes are as follows:
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup cows/almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop protein powder
For an updated twist think about playing around with your protein batter to include different tastes and textures such as; 1 banana, ¼ cup greek yoghurt, ½ cup cottage cheese, ½ cup cooked & mashed sweet potato or 30 g quinoa.
Why not try making mini pancakes for afternoon protein snacks. Still delicious when cold, especially when combined with fresh fruit, yoghurt and maple syrup.
DON’T OVERDO PROTEIN POWDER
If your pancake batter is made up mainly of protein powder you’ll be turning out dry & rubbery pancakes. Not ideal. Keep protein powder to 1 – 2 scoops.
If you’re aiming to bolster the protein content of your pancakes try adding cottage cheese to your batter or substituting oats for quinoa (a high protein grain). You can also play around with your toppings to boost the protein content, e.g. berry yoghurt and pecan nuts.
One of Maximuscle HQs favourite ways to make pancakes is to blend together a combination of different nuts and dried fruits to use as a base for pancake powder. It gives the pancakes a depth of wholesome flavour and works well for both savoury and sweet pancakes.
FLUFF UP YOUR PANCAKES
Avoid heavy, doorstop style pancakes and achieve the perfect fluffy rise by;
- Add 1 tsp baking powder to your batter to achieve that lovely fluffy rise.
- Sift your flour and fold in to the batter using a metal spoon as a wooden spoon can crush the little air pockets that are responsible for the fluffiest of pancakes.
- Don’t batter your batter! Over whisking will lead to chewy instead of fluffy pancakes. Mix the batter until the dry and wet ingredients are just incorporated.
- 20g of Protein
- Fat Free & No Added Sugar
- *Best Before End 28th Apr 2019 - Chocolate*
- 30g of Protein & Fat Free
- Naturally containing BCAAs
- *Best Before End 8th Mar 2019 – Chocolate*
- 50g protein
- Naturally containing BCAAs
- *Best Before End 16th Apr 2019*