Cookie Information for Users
Like most other companies, HNCuses “cookies” to improve the experience for our website visitors. Cookies are tiny files, composed of a string of letters and numbers, placed on your computer by web page servers. They enable the website owner to distinguish you from other users of the website. Cookies cannot be executed as code or used to deliver viruses and they cannot enable us to access your hard drive. We cannot read any information on your hard drive even if we store cookies there.
The data generated through cookies on HNC websites can be used for various purposes including the following:
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website and saving items to a shopping basket.
Mention Me Friend Referal Scheme Cookies:
The cookies / tags placed during the refer a friend process give the ability to:
- Identify a unique browser in our referral flow. This is used to prevent fraudulent use of the referral programme;
- Support customers clicking on share links and being successfully redirected to the right landing page (if that feature is used);
- Allow site visitors to close pop-ups/corner peels displayed on the site, to prevent a dissatisfactory browsing experience.
- Ensure that where there is more than one possible offer, a returning site visitor isn’t shown a different offer each time.
- Allow the refer a friend scheme to work whilst still allowing you to opt out of performance, functionality, targeting or advertising cookies.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages. These cookies are used to improve how a website works in future versions.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make such as user name, language or region you are in and provide a more enhanced personal experience.
Targeting or Advertising:
These cookies are used to deliver content more relevant to you and your interests.
We don't permit any third parties to advertise on our website but we cannot control advertisers that are allowed by internet service providers to advertise whilst you are browsing on the internet.
HNC is required by law to obtain your consent for all types of cookies that we place other than those that are “Strictly Necessary”. Therefore, HNC has made it easier for you to manage the different types of cookies that are used on our websites intended for use in the EU by allowing you to choose whether cookies are placed when browsing our website when you begin your visit. However, please be aware that if you use block cookies (including Strictly Necessary cookies) you may not be able to access certain functionality or parts of this site.